Burdekin Bridge Display - Gateway Visitor Information Centre
The former Home Hill Railway Station was completed around 1916, replacing the wood and canvas tent structure that had served as a temporary station for three years. The Burdekin Shire Council renovated the building in 2006 and the Burdekin Gateway Visitor Information Centre opened for business there on 8th January 2007. The centre displays an extensive colleciton of photography and historical items related to the construction of the Silver Link bridge as well as other aspects of Burdekin history.
- 12 Railway Avenue, Home Hill
- (07) 4782 8241