Burdekin Shire Council Chambers
This impressive brick building - with its wide verandahs and arched stained glass feature above the two main entrances - was completed in 1922. The Burdekin Shire Council Chambers is a heritage-listed town hall that was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 13 October 1997. It was designed by Frederick Smith and built in 1937 by local builder AS Wight. It is actually the third council chambers. The original building opened in 1895, but was wrecked by Cyclone Leonta in 1903. It was rebuilt, only to be destroyed by fire in 1919.
- 145 Young Street, Ayr, QLD, 4807
- (07) 4783 9800